3 day add-on package
Join an international group of runners on a package including all logistics from Hanoi to Sapa and back.
In our online booking system you can select your run (priced separately), then add on the package of your choice.
Included in the package:
- Return transfer Hanoi – Sapa – Hanoi
- 2 nights of accommodation
Read more about the accommodation
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon post-race party and BBQ dinner
- Friday night Carb Load Party in Sapa with welcome by David Lloyd, Vice-Race Director
- All indicated meals below (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Friday (-, -, D), Saturday (B, L, D), Sunday (B, -, -). Drinks are not included
– Children from 4 years old to 12 years old will be applied children price in the above table.
– Children less than 4 years old are free of charge, sharing beds and vehicles with parents.
– Children more than 12 years old will be considered as adult supporters.
*Package prices exclude race fee
|Race fee||Normal rate||Plus 10km|
Day 1 – Friday 22. September 2017: Departure from Hanoi and 100km start
Welcome to Hanoi the beautiful capital of Vietnam. If you arrive during the morning-noon you can leave your luggage for free at our VMM meeting point.
The meeting point is SumVilla Restaurant, address: 86 Quang An Str., Tay Ho Dist., Hanoi
8.30 AM – 12:00 PM at our VMM meeting point, SumVilla: Pick up your bib number, t-shirt and important information letter.
NB: For runners living in Hanoi, it is possible to collect the info letter and bib number at Topas Travel office 19-21 Sept. 1B, Alley 12/2/5, Dang Thai Mai, Hanoi.
1:00 PM at our VMM meeting point, SumVilla: Departure in busses to the mountains and Sapa town.
6:30 PM: Arrive in Sapa town, located at the altitude of 1500m and surrounded by mountains. Check into your hotel.
NB: Accommodation at Topas Ecolodge is only available for those on the 4 day package.
6:30 – 8:00 PM: In Sapa there will be an included Carb Load Party
- 100km runners will depart to the 100km start at 8:45 PM
Day 2 – Saturday 23. September 2017: Race Day
Meeting point – departure to start for all runners staying in Sapa:
- 100km: 8:45 PM (NOTE: Sept 22) – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 70km: 3:00 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 42km: 6:45 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 21km: 8:30 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
Note: The buses depart on time and do not wait for late runners.
Bring: If you stay in Sapa you should bring a small bag with a towel, clean clothes and money. You can hand it in before the start and pick it up at the finish line. Your name tag will be handed out in Hanoi together with your general information and bib number.
All supporters staying in Sapa will be transferred to the Topas Ecolodge at 9am from Sapa Highland Resort. Once at the Ecolodge supporters can enjoy a walk in the morning, learn crafts from the local ethnic minority people and of course cheer their friends and family across the finish line!
At Topas Ecolodge
All distances finish at the Topas Ecolodge and here you can take a shower, enjoy the included lunch and support later runners. You can also have a massage, take part in a stretching session with California Fitness, enjoy a drink and relax after a stunning day. The hilltop and Topas Ecolodge is now famous for the awesome atmosphere at the finish line which is a big highlight of the VMM experience!
In the evening we will all join a good BBQ Buffet Dinner to the sounds of our DJ from Red River Runners and a bonfire will be lit after dark.
Return to Sapa: For runners sleeping in Sapa there will be hourly shuttle buses throughout the day.
Day 3 – Sunday 24. September 2017: Winners ceremony and back to Hanoi,
For the those who cannot get enough of running, it is possible to race against the local minorities in a special 10km mountain run with start and finish in Sapa Town. Start in front of the church. Opening ceremony 8:45AM, Start at 9:00AM. Additional price: US$25
Join our official Winners & Farewell Ceremony at 12:00 PM for all participating in Vietnam Mountain Marathon.
2:30 PM: Departure for Hanoi.
8:30 PM: Arrive in Hanoi at the Hanoi Opera House. Those who have booked the Hanoi arrival/departure package can now go to their hotel or be taken to the airport.
If you wish to get more out of your stay in Vietnam we have some special VMM tours including extending your stay in the northern mountains at Nam Cang Riverside Lodge, visiting Halong Bay and discovering the former capital of Hoa Lu together with ‘Halong Bay on Land’, Tam Coc.