Download PDF file HERE.
3 day add-on package
Join an international group of runners on a package including all logistics from Hanoi to Sapa and back.
In our online booking system you can select your run (priced separately), then add on the package of your choice.
Included in the package:
- Return transfer Hanoi (Turtle Lake Brewing Company) – Sapa Highland Resort – Hanoi Opera House
- 2 nights of accommodation (sharing room with same gender runner) at Sapa Highland Resort.
Read more about the accommodation.
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon post-race party and BBQ dinner
- Friday night Carb Load Party in Sapa with welcome by David Lloyd, Race Director
- All indicated meals below (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner): Friday (-, -, D), Saturday (B, L, D), Sunday (B, -, -). Drinks are not included
|Children (4-12 years old)
– Single Supplement $65 SOLD OUT
– Children from 4 years old to 12 years old are eligible for the child price in the above table.
– Children less than 4 years old are free of charge, sharing beds and vehicles with parents.
– Children more than 12 years old will be considered as adult supporters.
*Package prices exclude race fee
|Plus 10km – No T-shirt
| Plus 15km – No T-shirt
Day 1 – Friday, 21 September 2018: Departure from Hanoi and 100km start (click for details)
Welcome to Hanoi the beautiful capital of Vietnam. If you arrive during the morning-noon you can leave your luggage for free at our VMM meeting point.
8.30 AM – 11:30 AM at our VMM meeting point, Turtle Lake: Pick up your bib number, t-shirt and important information letter.
12:00 PM: Standard departure bus 12PM Turtle Lake. Optional Hanoi airport departure bus at 11AM and 1PM on request (with surcharge) for those who arrive with late morning flights.
5:30 PM: Arrive in Sapa town, located at the altitude of 1,500m and surrounded by mountains. Check into your hotel.
NB: Accommodation at Topas Ecolodge is only available for those on the 4 day package.
6:00 – 8:00 PM: In Sapa there will be an included Carb Load Party
- 100km runners will depart to the 100km start at 8:30 PM
Day 2 – Saturday, 22 September 2018: Race Day (click for details)
Meeting point – departure to start for all runners staying in Sapa:
- 100km: 8:30 PM (NOTE: Sept 21) – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 70km: 2:30 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 42km: 6:30 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 21km: 8:30 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
Note: The buses depart on time and do not wait for late runners.
Bring: If you stay in Sapa you should bring a small bag with a towel, clean clothes and money. You can hand it in before the start and pick it up at the finish line. Your name tag will be handed out in Hanoi together with your general information and bib number.
All supporters staying in Sapa will be transferred to the Topas Ecolodge at 9am from Sapa Highland Resort. Once at the Ecolodge supporters can enjoy a walk in the morning, learn crafts from the local ethnic minority people and of course cheer their friends and family across the finish line!
At Topas Ecolodge
All distances finish at the Topas Ecolodge and here you can take a shower, enjoy the included lunch and support later runners. You can also have a massage, take part in a stretching session with California Fitness, enjoy a drink and relax after a stunning day. The hilltop and Topas Ecolodge is now famous for the awesome atmosphere at the finish line which is a big highlight of the VMM experience!
In the evening we will all join a good BBQ Buffet Dinner to the sounds of our DJ from Red River Runners and a bonfire will be lit after dark.
Return to Sapa: For runners sleeping in Sapa there will be hourly shuttle buses throughout the day.
Day 3 – Sunday, 23 September 2018: Winners ceremony and back to Hanoi (click for details)
For the those who cannot get enough of running, it is possible to race against the local minorities in a special 10km & 15km mountain run with start and finish in Sapa Town. Start in front of the church.
8:15 AM: Opening ceremony
8:30 AM: Start 15km
9:00 AM: Start 10km
12:00 PM: Join our official Winners & Farewell Ceremony for all participating in Vietnam Mountain Marathon.
2:30 PM: Departure for Hanoi.
8:30 PM: Arrive in Hanoi at drop-off place Hanoi Opera House.
If you wish to get more out of your stay in Vietnam we have special VMM tours. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other requests for your trip.