4-day add-on package
On a four day package we will take care of everything from Hanoi to Sapa and back. It includes a pre-race day program which is the perfect way for you to interact with other runners.
In the online booking system you can select your run (priced separately), then add on the package of your choice.
Included in the package:
- Return transfer Hanoi (Sumvilla Restaurant) – Sapa VMM hotel – Hanoi Opera House
- 3 nights of accommodation (twin share in Sapa; twin share Topas Ecolodge suites; triple share Topas Ecolodge bungalows). Read more about accommodation here.
- Vietnam Mountain Marathon post-race party and BBQ dinner
- Friday night Carb Load Party
- Many other meals (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner): Thursday (-, -, D), Friday (B, L, D), Saturday (B, L, D), Sunday (B, -, -). Drinks are not included.
- The pre-race Friday event at Topas Ecolodge
- Welcome meeting with the Race Director
- A guided walk through rice fields to a local Red Dao minority village
- Yoga classes on a beautiful hilltop
- A talk on ultra running
- Light lunch after the Saturday run
|Children (4-12 years old)
|Sapa Town hotel
– Single Supplement $95
|Topas Ecolodge – Own tent
|Topas Ecolodge – Rent tent
|Topas Ecolodge Executive Bungalow (triple sharing)
|Topas Ecolodge Suite Bungalow
* Children policy:
– Children from 4 years old to 12 years old are eligible for the child price in the above table.
– Children less than 4 years old are free of charge, sharing beds and vehicles with parents.
– Children more than 12 years old will be considered as adult supporters.
*Package prices exclude race fee
| Plus 15km
Program for 4 day package
Day 1 – Thursday, 20 September 2018: Departure from Hanoi (click for details)
The meeting point is SumVilla Restaurant, address: 86 Quang An Str., Tay Ho Dist., Hanoi
8.30 – 11:30 AM at our VMM meeting point, SumVilla: Pick up your bib number, t-shirt and important information letter.
12:00 PM: Standard departure bus 12PM Sum Villa. Optional Hanoi airport departure bus at 11AM and 1PM on request (with surcharge) for those who arrive with late morning flights.
5:30 PM: Check into your hotel in Sapa or at Topas Ecolodge
6:00 – 8:00 PM: In Sapa there will be an included dinner while Topas Ecolodge guests dine at the lodge.
Day 2 – Friday, 21 September 2018: Active day in the mountains and 100km start (click for details)
Enjoy breakfast in your Sapa Hotel or at Topas Ecolodge.
At 9 AM all 4 days package runners and supporters staying in Sapa town will be transferred to Topas Ecolodge for the official welcome and activities.
- 10:00 AM. Official welcome by the Race Director
- 12:00-1:30 PM. Buffet Lunch
- 1:30 PM. Lecture on running by Simon Grimstrup
- 2:30 PM. Optional walk to a Red Dao minority village or Yoga class
- …and lots of fun sharing experiences with other runners on the beautiful Topas Ecolodge hilltop
For those staying at the lodge there will be a dinner buffet 6:00-8:00 PM.
For runners staying in Sapa town the shuttle bus will transfer you back to Sapa whenever a bus is full and until 4:30 PM. In Sapa there will be an included Runners Buffet Dinner from 6:00-8:00 PM at Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa).
*100km runners staying in Sapa will depart to the 100km start at 8:45 PM
Day 3 – Saturday, 22 September 2018: Race day (click for details)
Meeting point – departure to start for all runners staying in Sapa:
- 100km: 8:45 PM (NOTE: Sept 21) – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 70km: 3:00 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 42km: 6:45 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
- 21km: 8:30 AM – In front of Sapa Highland Resort (07 Thac Bac Str., Sapa)
Note: The buses depart on time and do not wait for late runners.
Bring: If you stay in Sapa you should bring a small bag with a towel, clean clothes and money. You can hand it in before starting and pick it up at the finish line at Topas Ecolodge.
Meeting point/time for all runners sleeping at Topas Ecolodge.
Meeting point: In front of the lodge.
100km: 10:00 PM Friday! (Race start at the lodge)
70km: 4:00 AM (Race start at the lodge)
Departure to start from Topas Ecolodge:
42km: 6:00 AM
21km: 8:00 AM
All supporters staying in Sapa will be transferred to the Topas Ecolodge at 9am from Sapa Highland Resort. Once at the Ecolodge supporters can enjoy a walk in the morning, learn crafts from the local ethnic minority people and of course cheer their friends and family across the finish line!
At Topas Ecolodge
All distances finish at the Topas Ecolodge and here you can take a shower, enjoy the included lunch and support later runners. You can also have a massage, take part in a stretching session with California Fitness, enjoy a drink and relax after a stunning day. The hilltop and Topas Ecolodge is now famous for the awesome atmosphere at the finish line which is a big highlight of the VMM experience!
In the evening we will all join a good BBQ Buffet Dinner to the sounds of our DJ from Red River Runners and a bonfire will be lit after dark.
Return to Sapa: For runners sleeping in Sapa there will be hourly shuttle buses throughout the day.
Day 4 – Sunday, 23 September 2018: Winners ceremony, return to Hanoi (click for details)
For the those who cannot get enough of running, it is possible to race against the local minorities in a special 10km mountain run with start and finish in Sapa Town. Start in front of the church. Opening ceremony 8:45AM, Start at 9:00AM. Additional price: US$25
Meeting point – departure to Sapa for runners staying at Topas Ecolodge:
- 07:30 AM: all extra 10km runners depart to start at Sapa
- 10:00 AM: all packagers depart to Winner and Farewell Ceremony
*Please check out Topas Ecolodge and bring all your things as you will depart for Hanoi directly from Sapa.
Join our official Winners & Farewell Ceremony at 12:00 PM for all participating in this years Vietnam Mountain Marathon.
2:30 PM: Departure for Hanoi.
8:30 PM: Arrive in Hanoi at drop-off place Hanoi Opera House.
If you wish to get more out of your stay in Vietnam we have some special VMM tours including visiting Halong Bay and joining Hanoi Running Tour.