Bring your family and friends and lets make this weekend a celebration of activity, nature and wellbeing in the mountains.
Program for supporters
Thursday, 18th of September
Welcome to Hanoi the beautiful capital of Vietnam.
If you arrive during the day you can leave your luggage for free next to the train station at Mango Steak Restaurant- 118 Le Duan Street, Hanoi.
Train ticket to all runners , friends and family buying packages will be handed out at Mango Steak Restaurant from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. Please take good care of your ticket. Between 8:00 and 9:00 the night train will depart from Hanoi going north. 200 runners in one train!
Do you need airport pickup? let us know!
Friday, 19th of September
The train arrives early morning in Lao Cao a border town to China, all are picked up by shuttle service and transferred to Sapa town. All who stay in Sapa will be dropped off at their hotel for breakfast. Your luggage will be stored till later when you return from runners camp. At 9:00 AM you will be transferred to Topas Ecolodge.
All staying at Topas Ecolodge will be transferred directly to the lodge.
Well at the lodge we have breakfast and enjoy one day of activities.
– Guided walk through rice fields to the nearby Red Dao minority village. We divide the group and take a look into the traditional local houses.
– Join the hilltop yoga class
– Play petanque or one of many other games at the lodge
– Take a walk on the buffalo trail around the lodge
Lunch at the lodge.
For those staying at the lodge there will be a dinner buffet at 5:30-7:30 PM.
For all staying in Sapa the shuttle bus will transfer you back to Sapa at 4:30 PM. In Sapa there will be an included Runners Buffet Dinner from 6:00 PM in a good local restaurant.
Saturday, 20th of September
Enjoy your breakfast and prepare for an interesting day.
All staying in Sapa will be picked up and transferred to Topas Ecolodge at 9:00AM
The Vietnamese kitchen are world famous for its tasteful kitchen. Our local chef will teach you how to make the most traditional dishes, traditional food decoration and a few local Tay specialities from the area in our:
– Vietnamese cooking class
Enjoy your own food for lunch so it better be good..
– Afternoon we discover the many local minority crafts of this area. Fine embroidery are made by local women and bamboo basket weaving by the men. This area is populated by many different ethnic groups and 6 minority groups are represented at the ecolodge.
– Have you or your child ever been riding on the back of a water buffalo? If not you have the chance now!
– If you want you can stand at the finish line or walk some kilometers and support all runners when they return from their mountainous adventure.
In the evening we will all join the Lodge Buffet Dinner and a price ceremony near the hilltop bonfire. For all in Sapa town, transfer back to your hotel is ready after the ceremony.
Sunday, 21st of September
Its time to relax or maybe take a run yourself? In this 2014 edition all runners, friends and family can join a 10km mountain run in Sapa. The Operning ceremony starts at 10:00AM and the race starts 11:00AM . Price is only 20 USD for foreigners and 10 USD for Vietnamese. Start and finish in front of the church.
You can also relax with a view of rice fields and deep valleys. After lunch the all staying at the lodge will be transferred to discover Sapa town and to be a part of the big winners ceremony in central Sapa town at 2pm. You will be informed when and where to be ready for transfer back to the night train in Lao Cai town. Dinner not incl. Sleep on the train.
Monday,22nd of September
Early arrival in Hanoi 5.00 AM
It is possible to buy a comfortable morning> to be guided to a good local hotel, have breakfast, shower and maybe a short nap. Enjoy your Dayroom until 12AM. Price: 25USD only!
If you want to extend you tour in Vietnam, please click here.